I am a PhD. Student in The School of Industrial Engineering at Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, specializing in the area of Human Factors. My research interests are solutions targeted at improving the predictability of system performance. I am also interested in entrepreneurship.
- Functional Relationships Between Controllable Design Features and Resulting Enroute Sector Performance
2006 – 2008: Diploma, Mechanical Engineering. University of Guyana, Georgetown, Guyana
2008 – 2012: B.S., Aeronautical Science. Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, FL, USA
2008 – 2012: B.S., Human Factors Psychology. Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, FL, USA
2012 – 2017(expected): Ph.D., Industrial Engineering. Purdue University, IN, USA
2014 – Current: Graduate Teaching Assistant, School of Engineering Education, Purdue University, USA
2012 – 2014: Graduate Research Assistant, Dr. Steven Landry in the School of Industrial Engineering, Purdue University, USA
2011 – 2012: Undergraduate Teaching Assistant, Human Factors & Systems Department, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, USA
2010 – 2011: Undergraduate Research Assistant, Various Professors in the Human Factors & Systems Department, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, USA
2010 – 2011: Part-time Tutor, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and Campbell Middle School, USA
- Landry, S. J., & Archer, J. (2014). Modeling the effect of uncertainty and NextGen concepts and technologies on the national airspace system. In 14th AIAA Aviation Technology, Integration, and Operations Conference. Atlanta, GA.
- Landry, S. J., & Archer, J. (2013). Enumeration and evaluation of National Airspace System uncertainties in an agent-based, state-based model. In AIAA Aviation 2013 Proceedings. Los Angeles, CA.
- Neville, K., Blickensderfer, B., Archer, J., Kaste, K., & Luxion, S.P. (2012). A cognitive work analysis to identify human-machine interface design challenges that are unique to uninhabited aircraft systems. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society 56th Annual Meeting.
- Ghatas, R., Liu, D., Frederick-Recascino, C., Wise, J., & Archer, J. (2012). Effects of Reliability and Time Pressure on UAS Operator Performance. Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference Proceedings.
- Manuela, J., Liu, D., Doherty, S., Tang, Y. & Archer, J. (2012). Effects of Reliability and Uncertainty on UAV Operator Performance under High Time Pressure. Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference Proceedings.
- Allen, T., Liu, D., & Archer, J. (2012). Sensitivity Analysis of Tutor Staffing Schedule using Discrete Event Simulation. Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference Proceedings.
- Kaste, K., Archer, J., Neville, K., Blickensderfer, B., & Luxion, S.P. (2012). An analysis of FAA Certification Regulations and Guidelines for Evaluating the Unmanned Aircraft Human-Machine Interface: Lost Link. IEEE Systems and Information Engineering Design Symposium Proceedings.
Something Interesting about me…
I’m a commercial pilot; I like playing table tennis; everything you say to me is processed visually (I can’t help it)