Location: University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Email: casurakit at purdue dot edu
I am a Ph.D. student in Industrial Engineering at Purdue University, currently researching human function allocation for NextGen air traffic control systems. I am originally from Indiana, and have spent time in the last eight years living in New York City, Tokyo, and Bangkok. I now live in Brisbane, Australia with my husband and am finishing my Ph.D. work in tandem with The University of Queensland Department of Psychology. In my spare time, I love cooking Italian and Thai food, binge watching shows on HBO, studying geopolitics, doing yoga and thinking about dying my hair blonde.
- Human function allocation
- Air traffic control systems
- System design
- Air traffic management
2005-2009: Bachelors of Science, Industrial Engineering. Purdue University
2012-2014: Masters of Science, Industrial Engineering. Purdue University
2014- in progress (exp Aug 2017): Ph.D, Industrial Engineering. Purdue University
2009-2010: Production Planner, Unilever, New York, NY, USA.
2010-2011: Innovation Manager, Unilever, New York, NY, USA.
2011-2012: Special Packs Planning Manager, Unilever, New York, NY, USA.
2013-2014: Research Assistant, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan.
2014-2015: Visiting Researcher, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand.
2015-2016: Research Assistant, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, USA.
2015-current: Visiting Researcher, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia.
2016-current: Guest Lecturer, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia.
- Surakitbanharn, C.A., Landry, S.J., Rukijkanpanich, J. (2015). Development of Training for New Air Traffic Control Technology Implementation. 6th International Conference on Applied Human Factors and Ergonomics, July, 2015. Las Vegas, NV, USA.
- Surakitbanharn, C.A., Landry, S.J. (2015). Evaluating Intensity as a NextGen Controller Function for Increased Traffic Scenarios. 15th AIAA Aviation Technology Conference. June, 2015. Dallas, TX, USA.
- Surakitbanharn, C., Surakitbanharn, C.A., Landry, S.J. (2015). A Comparison of the Intensity Control Measure vs. Dynamic Density to Capture Complexity within a Sector. 15th AIAA Aviation Technology Conference. June, 2015. Dallas, TX, USA.
- Surakitbanharn, C.A., Landry, S.J. (2014). Development and Application of a Hybrid Control Theory Model to Quantify Human-Machine Interaction Problems on the Flight Deck. 5th International Conference on Applied Human Factors and Ergonomics. July, 2014. Krakow, Poland.
- Surakitbanharn, C.A., Landry, S.J., Minato, N. (2013). Automated Separation Assurance in NextGen ATC: A Method to Test for Comprehensive Human-in-the-Loop Safety Measures. APISAT. November, 2013. Takamatsu, Japan.
- Surakitbanharn, C.A., Landry, S.J. (2013). Measuring Intensity Control in Automated Separation Assurance Safety and Function Allocation in NextGen. Air Transportation Research Society Conference. June, 2013. Bergamo, Italy.